Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Relative Positions

After finishing the Transfer House and Coal Dump, I felt it was time to start hooking things together to see my actual space requirements. Since this was a project that "Jes' growed," I only had a vague notion of how big it would be, though my suspicions were a lot. So I cleared off my movable table, set the Ovens on it, and added all the auxillery buildings. Ooooops! "We're gonna need a bigger boat." Actually it wasn't that bad. I figure a space 3½' wide by 6' long, depending where the Quench Tower goes. Anyway, here is a look at what I've done so far.


A look from above the Crusher towards the new Transfer House on the right and an old one on the left that feeds the Bunker.



The view from the other end. The Ovens are made from three kits. I'll have to tell you that story some time. On the left you can see I have plenty of room between the Conveyor supports for some track. Actually the Coal Dump will be slid more to the left, so I might be able to sneak two lines in.



Three more angles. The next project (already done) is to add stairs and walkways to the Bunker.





Hope you're enjoying this as much as I am. As always, comments or questions welcome.  Don

No comments:

Post a Comment